Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WEATHER AND MOOD

Do you think that the weather influences our mood? Personally, it does affect my mood. For example, I like snow. As an aside, it’s weird because I come from a very warm country, and I don’t like cold weather. However, I love snow. Today, when I realised that it was snowing, I was glad. And it was like that all the day. I had no particular reasons to be happy, but I was in a good mood all the day. I think that it is psychological, because as soon as I saw the snow, I immediately thought that it would be a good day. So maybe, the weather affects the mood, in a positive or in a negative way. Or maybe the state of mind that you have at the beginning of the day plays a role. For example, when I miss my bus to go to the University, I automatically think that this is not a good sign, and that the worst is coming. In this state of mind, it is highly possible that the day will be a bad one. Besides, some people don’t like when it is raining, and they are in a bad mood, only because they consider that rain falls are depressing. Another example is that people are more likely to be happy and nice at summertime, because the sun makes them more relaxed and less stressed out. So maybe the weather has an impact on our mood. Furthermore, I read on ABC News website that a research on the correlation between weather and mood revealed that the fact of spending some time outside on a nice day can have a positive impact on your mood. Also, sunny weather can have a positive impact on mental health.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love snow too ^^
snow is so pure and also beatiful
it always makes me feel peaceful
but i don't like the cold weather it brings@@