Tuesday, November 20, 2007

C-TRAIN


Every day I take the C-Train to go the University. Inside, it is always a little bit awkward, because no one knows each other, and you have to spend a little time of your life with strangers. Sometimes people are friendly and smile; sometimes they are in a bad mood and have a nasty, almost scaring eye contact. Now and then, some exceptional things happen, like a fight, or a technical problem. There are two kinds of C-Trains: the old ones and the brand new ones. I like taking the brand new ones, they are more comfortable.

As an aside, did you notice that I am totally uninspired? That’s why I am writing about a so common topic. I feel quite embarrassed. So should I erase the paragraph and close the blog page, or should I keep on writing about C-Train? Besides, I don’t think that I could write 200 words about the C-Train…unless I search for information about it on the internet; yet, I think that a paragraph about the history of the C-Train will be boring for the readers, and even for me. For those who will read it until the end, the following are the points I consider noticeable in the C-train history.

v May 25, 1981: the first line of C-Train was opened

v Calgary Transit is the first public transit system in North America to use wind-generated electricity. It is a good ecological cause, because it will reduce pollution.

v The passengers of a three-car C-Train represent the passengers of 545 private vehicles

v In 2001, The Calgary Transit received the Pollution Prevention Award

3 comments:

Jason said...

I have the same feeling

Jason said...

Hey, l lost my password for my blog, so recreate a new one, here is my address: jasonzhou-ucalgary.blogspot.com

welcome to my blog. haha

Unknown said...

i like your reasons that why i care sleeping so much. but the second reason is not correct. i'm not feeling like not to face responsibilities, as a man, i should be responsible. so that's not the reason~