Saturday, November 17, 2007

PARIS


I lived in Paris for 3 years. To me, it is the most beautiful city I’ve ever seen. The first time, I found difficult the transportation system. There were so many subway lines and correspondences that it scared me. It took me time to be at-ease with it. But once you get used to it, everything is more easy. It is a city where you can’t get bored. There is always something to do, or to visit. This is my top 5of the places I like the much in Paris.

1) Le champ de Mars: it is a huge green space; From there, you have a complete view of the Eiffel Tower. I liked hanging out there with my friends. Next to it, there is “ Le mur de la paix”. It is a monument with peace messages written on it, in different languages.

2) “Les Champs Elysées”: A large avenue with shops, such as Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Bulgary, Gucci, Prada, and so on. I mean it is a very fancy avenue, and you can even meet celebrities sometimes. Beyond its material aspect, it is a really beautiful avenue with an original architecture. All those fashion temples are an art work, because the design of each shop is completely stunning.

3) Bastille: It is an area full of pubs, cafés, bars, restaurants. This is the perfect place if you want to hang out and party all the night.

4) Opera : I discovered it just a few months before I moved to Calgary, thanks to my brother. I like it for the majesty of each monument, of each building. Every single building is a creative work.

5) Le XVème arrondissement: I like this area, because there is no agitation, it is calm, peaceful and safe. I used to live there with my parents. Besides, my last high school Camille Sée is located there. I was living 10 minutes from my high school at that time, and it was really great!

12 comments:

helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
helen said...

I want to go to Paris. Hadiza, so lucky you are.

helen said...

I want to go to Paris. Hadiza, so lucky you are.

Unknown said...

Paris is the most romantic city in the world. I hope I can be there one day.

Li said...

girliy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~but i wish i can be there either, because i have a friend study in france,she said girls there are so hot~~

David Sun said...

wow...i want to go there~BTW what's ur own language?french??

Hadline said...

To David Sun:My own language name is hausa.It is spoken only in Niger.

Hadline said...

To Ivy and Helen: I wish that you could go there one day and share your feelings about the city, as I did.But I am quite sure that you will enjoy it.

Hadline said...

To li: I think that french girls have a lot of style,a very good sense of fashion.I do not know if they are hot, but they are pretty.thank you for your comment Li, the part about the hot girls made me laugh a lot.

MIXER said...

salut parisien ca va? i'v been there 2 and i know what r u talking about? most of my familly is there and it is just a good place

Amin said...

It seems you reached the 200 word limitation this time!!!
Congratulation! ;)

Rebeca said...

Hi Hadiza,
wait for me in Paris! You know that is my dream... I hope we can go to Brazil together too.