Sunday, February 3, 2008

Editing experience


Last week, during the Writing class, I exchanged the first draft of my essay which the prompt was “the best way of learning a foreign language” with a classmate. I think that it was a good experience for me because the fact of examining my classmate draft helped me a lot to figure out what to avoid in an essay and what to improve. So I did a list of the positive points and the points to improve. I hope that it helped him. It was fun to be in the skin of the teacher. But I also imagine how hard it can be to decide which grade to put. I think that being an editor must be a stressful job because you have to fix everything that is wrong. It is not an easy task. What else to add? I also received a list of the weaknesses of the first draft of my essay and the positive points. It really helped me to improve the final draft because I knew what lacked and what to add. So good experience! This is all what I can say about my editing experience. Also, I think that we could make it again because it is really helpful. Personally, I was less stressed out to hand in my essay because a classmate helped me to figure out my mistakes. By the way I hope that I will get a good mark for my essay. I can’t wait to see my grade and my copy. The Writing class is always the most challenging for me. Also, I would really hate to pass the Effective Writing. I would like to start my academic courses with a fresh start, no effective writing. Tomorrow starts a new week, it is already the end of the week end. So I have to go back to my homework.

Good luck everyone for your essays!

3 comments:

Nahid said...

Hi, Dear Hadiza,
:)

I enjoyed your sentence:
"It was fun to be in the skin of the teacher"

Yeah, you are right! editing is helpful for us!

Wish you all the best!

See you,
:)

Jack said...

Yeap, we can learn from each other!!~

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like the editing experience was really good for you!