Saturday, April 12, 2008

EAP III FEEDBACK

Well, it is the end of EAP III! Congratulations to everyone because we survived! I had an amazing semester, during which I learned a lot of things. I am glad that I met so intelligent and open minded classmates. It was also an honour for me to be taught by Scott. Honestly, he is the best teacher I have ever had in my life, because he is so professional, and I never get bored during his classes. I also think that he is one of the rare teachers that really care about students, and do his job because it is his passion. What else, I think that EAP III experience allowed me to grow as a student, and also as a person. I learned a lot about different studying methods, and also about human behaviour. The only negative point for me was my final presentation, because I was nervous and I just forgot everything about the topic. But it is a constructive experience for me because I learned something about myself: I never thought that I could miss a presentation and that I could be nervous in front of my classmates. But I was happy to have my sister’s encouragements when I came back home and told her that it wasn’t good. I am so fortunate to have my sister by my side. I can’ even imagine how would be the life in Calgary without her. What else, I officially have English proficiency. I took the CAEL, and I got the score I need to enter to university. I was very happy because I was so scared about the results. I think that the CAEL is a little bit similar to what we do in EAP. It is really an academic-oriented exam. But there are no questions with multiple choices as in the TOEFL. Each question must be answered in the students’ words.
Besides, I remember when I moved in Calgary a few months ago. I was completely disoriented because I missed my family and friends. I still miss them, but now I am so much stronger, and I can cope with that.

5 comments:

Amin said...

i am 100% agree with you. We are stronger now. good luck.

Osman said...

Hey,

I just want to say one thing, seriously you are a GOOD writer.

Peace,
Suleman

Anton said...

Yes the word survive describes exactly what we have done...

Scott Douglas said...

I knew that you would do well in the CAEL!! I'm so proud of you!

yt_65 said...

HEEEEEEY Hadiza
I REALLY ENJOYED TO BE YOUR CLASSMATE AND U ARE A HARDWORKING GIRL.. KEEP IT UP....
YUSUF